Devotions

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Sprigs: Super-sized Succulents





Tucked into a beautiful rock wall in the conservatory at Callaway Gardens in Georgia, are super-sized succulents and stupendous stonecrops. Note how  the slabs are stacked vertically, and alternate beige and grey stones. 



I used Bill for size comparison.



Hens and chicks are more like hens and turkeys, they are so big.

 

This close up of the above plant, shows the formation of new leaves, about as long as my forearm. The stem was as thick as my wrist. 





I wonder if they only grow this large in ideal conditions? 

If you are passionate about gardens, make sure any trip to Atlanta includes a stop here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers, I have been advised that to leave comments you will want to access the blog a browser other than Safari. Thanks.