Thanksgiving is in four weeks. Before you ready the menu, shopping list, and call the guests, prepare yourself for the holiday.
Recipe for Giving Thanks
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: Ready instantly, but improves if simmered all day.
Number of Servings: The more you share it, the more there is.
a handful of memories from 2014
cup of tea or coffee
1. Sit down in your favorite chair.
2. Close your eyes and think back on some highlights from the year. Don't forget celebrations, difficulties endured, travel, problems solved, favorite relationships.
3. Jot down short details from each: names of people, places, events, laughter.
4. Keep working until you have 5-10. The longer the list, the more you have to be grateful for!
5. Read the list quietly to yourself. Recapture the feelings: joy, relief, satisfaction.
6. Give thanks out loud.
|anticipation, worry, relief|
|awe, 17" snow|
|summer adventures here in NC|