Devotions

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cherry Blossoms, a Math Problem, and bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

My point and shoot camera couldn't capture the grandeur of this weeping cherry tree. 


It's a very tall tree, well over thirty feet. I'm just guessing because  I didn't measure the length of its shadow and compare it to a something else of known height to calculate x. (Remember those awful math problems?) 









The blooms, light and airy, cascaded down from the crown of the tree, and put me in mind of a fancy gown's full skirt. Something pink and pale and sheer like organza, embroidered over with flowers. 

Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo! Cinderella's Fairy Godmother saw a pumpkin and transformed it into a coach. I saw this tree and somebody else turned it into a dress. Magic, once removed.

The above paragraph is a perfect example of synaptic activity. I saw a tree, my brain fired an electronic pulse associating the tree with a dress, which correlated me and the FGM. However, my brain noted, unlike the FGM I did not design or create the dress. The process was once removed, a relationship with a distant link.

I'm curious, did your brain follow my synaptic bunny trail or did I leave you confused?


My brain synapses mapped with coggle.it 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers, I have been advised that to leave comments you will want to access the blog a browser other than Safari. Thanks.