Devotions

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sprigs: Wild sweet pea



I think of sweet pea as part of the spring landscape. 

But in the cool climate of Puget Sound they bloom all summer long. In the woods near our vacation spot, they grow six feet tall reaching for light. They cover rotting stumps, and march up and down slopes. What a wonderful wild landscape filler.








I wish I could wave a wand and trade them for unwanted pasture weeds: dog fennel, mare's tail, barnyard grass, and goose grass. None of them are anywhere near as charming as their names. 

My farmer-neighbor is slow to kill the weeds in his pastures which border two sides of our property. I never realized what a hopeless chore it is to fight the weeds moving from his place to our yard!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers, I have been advised that to leave comments you will want to access the blog a browser other than Safari. Thanks.