Devotions

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sprigs: Crocosmia




The little I've learned about landscaping I learned through trial and error.  First, shorter plants need to go in front, and second, flowers are more effective when grouped, rather than scattered.

 

Here is a spectacular example of mass planting from a yard in Puget Sound. The bright bed of red-orange crocosmia is like the bull-fighter's cape calling for attention. It's captivating on its own, and stunning as a foreground to the water in the cove.

Although I'm land-locked, I have a lagoon-shaped area of lawn. A bolder border would refresh it. 

What changes do you plan on making to your gardens?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers, I have been advised that to leave comments you will want to access the blog a browser other than Safari. Thanks.