Devotions

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sprigs: Watering Cans that Make a Splash

I frequently need to water transplants or flower pots.  I rely on my watering cans. They come in all sizes and colors and look good hanging on my shed wall. Some produce a fine spray, others have a simple spout. I heft each before buying it to be sure it's balanced and will be comfortable to carry when full. 




Expensive doesn't necessarily mean better. I left water in one of my "good" ones and it still cracked the bottom seam when the water froze. But even when they spring leaks they can be used to display dried fall foliage or serve as planters.

I am going to resist the urge to keep collecting them, but I'm not adverse to gifts. (Please tell my husband because he doesn't read my blog!) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers, I have been advised that to leave comments you will want to access the blog a browser other than Safari. Thanks.