Devotions

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sprigs: Peas--a toothy green smile




Strawberries are finished.
Peas are ready, and I can't resist their green smiles.







This is my first year with a  substantial crop. 



I grew Sugar Snap, from Johnny's Seeds. The pods are sweet, even when the peas have matured.  The vines are about 5' tall, supported on net strung between metal fence posts. But they are so prolific I had to lasso them to the poles.



Bill eats them raw with hummus. I found a quick, tasty oven recipe that keeps them crunchy but adds a roasted flavor. Do you have a favorite recipe to share?

I'll be smiling until they're all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Readers, I have been advised that to leave comments you will want to access the blog a browser other than Safari. Thanks.